CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Letter of Reccommendations

August 9, 2007

To Whom It May Concern:

I have been asked to recommend Lindsey Mendenhall, a request that I feel confident in responding to. I have known and worked with Lindsey in both a college classroom, and a professional setting. Her behavior and contributions in both cases are worthy of recommendation.

My first experiences with Lindsey were in the college classroom at UVSC. She was a student in both my EDEC 2640 (Literacy and Literature for Early Childhood) class (this is a required class for those seeking endorsement for Early Childhood certification), and my EDEL 3150 (Children’s Literature) class. As a student, she was always prompt, enthusiastic, and genuinely interested. She was thorough in all that was required, and consistently went the extra mile, which not only benefited her efforts, but also added to the experience of her peers. She received an “A” as a final grade in both classes, as well as on every assignment submitted. She set a standard in preparation and presentation for others to follow.

Lindsey had a sincere desire to learn as much as she could, and she wanted practical experience in the classroom. She asked if she could come and observe and assistant in the private preschool which I owned. I was anxious to have her work with my children because I had seen her potential in the college setting. She immediately gained the confidence of the children and soon became a valued member of the team. She was very confident, and spontaneously provided enhancements which added to the children’s experience. The children responded to her caring nature, and enjoyed their one-on-one academic tutoring. Her efforts were to assist me, but she took the opportunity to learn all she could in preparation of her dream to someday have a preschool in her own setting.

I can securely recommend Lindsey to you with the confidence that she has planned well for her Grasshopper Garden Preschool (that name should tell you a great deal about her!), and that she is qualified to work with young children. She, of course, will continue to learn with experience, but her energies for this first year will be worthy for your consideration.

Respectfully,

Julie Clark

Julie Anderson Clark, M.Ed.
Utah Valley State College &
Miss Julie’s Learning Tree Preschool May 6, 2008


To the Parent of a Preschooler,
My son was lucky enough to attend Grasshopper Gardens Preschool this past year. As he is my third child, we have been to a couple of preschools over the years and have had many different teachers. These experiences made us realize what a truly special experience Grasshopper Gardens is. The teacher, Lindsey Mendenhall, provided a warm and loving environment for the students. Her curriculum is very organized and well thought out to allow the children to learn both academically as well as socially. I can’t believe how much my son learned! We loved the smaller group environment because it allowed for a lot of hands on learning and individual attention. Every morning that I dropped my son off he was so excited and I knew he was learning and having fun. I would highly recommend Grasshopper Garden to any parent. It is a wonderful opportunity to allow your child to grow in a positive, creative atmosphere.
Best regards,
Chris Johnson

0 comments: